Thursday, April 19, 2012

OVbunEN

OVbunEN. We've got a bun in the oven!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha...get it? I saw that little word game on one of my baby board apps.

Here is the story of how we found out...

We started "trying" after our cruise to The Bahamas, so I knew there was a chance that I could be pregnant when my cousins (the Sakakini's, Jeff & Rebecca) came into town with their 2 boys on March 29th. We were making plans to go to dinner that night, and I wanted to have a cocktail with them if I wasn't pregnant, so I thought I should take a test just to check. I didn't have many symptoms, but I did have a couple that were a little out of the ordinary from my regular PMS. I wasn't due for my period until the next day. We got home from the beach and I went to take the test. Not even a minute later this is what I see (16 dpo):

I'm thinking “Where's the "not"?” I'm frozen at this point. My next thoughts were "What do I do now?" The 1st person I see when I come out of my room is Jeff standing at the sink and all I could do was nod my head yes. I can't even remember his response but asking me "Yes what? No way!" so I said "Yes, yes! Come look! Come look!" - motioning to both Jeff & Rebecca. I remember Rebecca being just as frazzled, shaky and excited as I was. Our next question was "how do we tell Bron?!" lol. He was still at work. 
Since our anniversary was that coming Monday we thought to tell him that I bought him an early anniversary present. I got a small box and taped the test to the bottom of the box so it would show "Pregnant" as soon as he opened the box. I closed it and put a bow on top. Bron was due home in 20 minutes. I don't think I've ever looked out the window more times than I did that afternoon, waiting for him to come home. But, Jeff, Rebecca and I had a plan. Jeff was to get Bron a beer, take him out on the back deck and to make sure Bron was sitting down. Rebecca and I were going to come out a little after with the box.
Everything went according to plan. He opened it, his mouth dropped open and all he could say was "Are you serious?!" over and over and then dropped down to his knees kissing my belly.
Jeff recorded it with his cell phone. As soon as we can figure out how to get if off his phone, I will try to post it. :)  

It didn't feel real at all. It was a little hard to adjust to thinking, knowing that I am pregnant. It was like a switch though with the symptoms. The next day I was nauseous off and on all day and the other common symptoms progressed from there. We are just so happy and shocked that it happened so fast. We’re over the moon, really :). Our due date is 12/6/12.

A week later my mom came into town and I had to take another test for her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment