Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 18th, 2012

Post from 4/18/12 - reflecting on my 1st appointment:
I'm sitting here in bed, day of our 1st appointment, starting to tear up. It is so amazing (I need a thesaurus) to know that there is a little flicker of a heartbeat inside of me right now. I was hoping after today's appointment I would feel like this. Up until, well this week really, I've doubted that "it's" real. I mean I get the logistics, but it was hard for me to believe.
So at the appointment today they did a urine test, a regular exam (pap), the uterus exam (ouch-more uncomfortable than usual) and then the transvaginal ultrasound. We could see the little flicker right away. She then replayed the sound that was recording (to our surprise) and we actually heard the heartbeat - 126 BPM. I can't even begin to describe the emotion. I just remember thinking "it's real". Then she printed out two pictures for us.

Symptoms this week (today is 6 weeks 6 days):
Hungry
Nauseous (which gets better if I keep a full stomach)
TIRED!
& of course having a sore chest

Last week I was more exhausted. I think it really helped that I changed my hours this week from 7:30-4:30 to 9-6. I get a little bit more sleep, which has had a big payoff.
So far I've sworn off bananas and cheezits. A shame really :/ Some meats also weird me out...which I think is pretty normal.
My next appointment is May 9th where I’ll get another trans u/s – more pics, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment