Thursday, December 15, 2011

BeRRy FuN

Last Friday night was craft night (with a side of Harry Potter, of course).

Okay, so before you make assumptions to my social life, haha...I have been wanting to see all of the Harry Potter movies for a few weeks now. While my husband was at his friend's house the other night he brough home all 6 blue-ray discs. Now that's a nice cercey! (Cercey: a surprise you bring someone back while away.) So I was in the middle of a Harry Potter marathon week the week I did this craft.
I saw this berry initial wreath on Pinterest. I knew from the moment I saw it that I had to make it, and have it hanging on our door this holiday season!

While at Michael's getting items for the mantle, I asked my (much craftier) sister what kind of berries I should use and where they were located in the store. Lucky me, she had previously purchased a couple bags of berries from the dollar store! Berries...check! After grabbing my "B" from the wooden craft section, getting some silver ribbon because apparently Michael's doesn't sell burlap :(, and borrowing the hot glue gun from my sister I had a craft to put together!



I don't have any experience working with a glue gun, so there was a little trial and error at first. But, it was easy to get the hang of. One layer of berries was not enough, so I layered up!

It was really easy and didn't take much time at all. Before I knew it, most was covered. I just had to go around and fill in the white spots and edges. I can get used to being crafty!



Alright, second Pinterest craft down. It was time for the ribbon and hanging! Here she is, the final product!


Now, it's off to the store for a "W" to make my wonderful sister one! :)

Thanks for reading! I will try to make my next post a little more entertaining!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Welcome to blogging! I absolutely LOVE when I can find time to write. ♥

    ReplyDelete