Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MeRRy MeRRy... the Pinterest way

A little thing called PINTEREST has taken over my creative side. There are so many ideas on Pinterest, it is amazing. It also makes me realize my age - very domesticated things are on Pinterest :).
With it being mine and my husband's first Christmas in our new home and our first Christmas as a married couple, I am definitely in the Christmas spirit! So when I came across this picture on Pinterest I became inspired!


I went shopping with my mom and husband on Black Friday and found the garland. It was $4 at Target. It's a little...stiff, but it just takes some time to straighten it out and unwrap the branches. We also bought twinkling lights from Target. They did have garland that came with lights, and in hindsight that is what we should have chosen, but I wanted to create everything myself. So I got it home and went to work. Something was definitely missing. So I got out the Christmas decorations, found the red, cream and silver balls and went to work. I also found some ribbon I used last year for wrapping presents and added that to the garland.  A few days later my sister and I went to Michaels so that I could get something similar to the candle sticks in the picture above. I found really cute red candle sticks 40% off and my sister suggested the reindeer.

End result:


I look forward to creating more of my Pinterest pins and blogging about other random things the Butrimas' get into!

Until next time... as Ellen says "Be kind to one another".

No comments:

Post a Comment