Tuesday, December 27, 2011

peaNUT buTTer cOOkies

Whenever I say coookies, I always think of the cereal COOOOkie Crisps! Do you remember that cereal? Anyway, another love of the Butrimas' is COOKIES! My husband's favorite is chocolate chip. I, on the other hand, do not discriminate :-). I really love peanut butter cookies, and have been itching to make them recently. So after looking up a few recipes, I found this one on allrecipes.com.
I really love Allrecipes. Anytime I think of something I want to make homemade, I search Allrecipes and they never fail to have at least 3 different ways to make what I'm thinking of. They all turn out well, too.
After going to the store to get baking powder and soda (and after cooking dinner) I went to work.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (I only had one stick of unsalted so I used one stick of unsalted and one stick of regular butter, and omitted the salt)

  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter

  • 1 cup white sugar

  • 1 cup packed brown sugar

  • 2 eggs

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted)

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

  • I also added a little less than 1 tsp of vanilla extract and a half of a (small) bag of mini semi sweet-chocolate chips - can you guess who those were for?! :-)

    Directions:
    1. Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
    2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour. (Who can wait a whole hour?! I only refrigerated for about 20 minutes!) 3. Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern. (The dough was so sticky that I was not able to make them pretty with the fork.) Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.

    It felt like I was making cookies for an hour! It made so many cookies!



    They came out a little flat and thin. I do have a baking book I could use to research how to fix this problem, however they are yummy either way! Pretty good for my 1st made-from-scratch peanut butter cookie, huh? Looks there will be happy co-workers tomorrow @ TE & Landstar! Haha!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment