Sunday, June 24, 2012

16 Weeks = BlackBerry Phone / Turnip

Do you prefer practical analogies or fruit/veggie analogies? Here are some pictures to show the approximate size of little Baby Butrimas this week:

She's getting pretty big, huh?! From a poppy seed to the above, in just 12 short weeks. Amazing

The bump is also growing. Here is a picture I snapped Friday night after work. 

(One of the cute little numbers I got with Mom when we went shopping last weekend.)

We also narrowed down the crib search last weekend! Yeah! Here is a sneak peak of the crib we like.

(Love the skirt at the bottom!)

We went to Lowe's last night and got some paint samples for the nursery. I wanted to post a picture of the samples painted on the wall, but I didn't get to painting them today. 
We got a lime green sample that is similar to the green in the picture of the nursery colors I shared in an earlier post. I also got a lavender sample, in case we need to go a bit lighter. The lavender is also very similar to the nursery color shared in the earlier post. The post was 14 weeks!! if you care to go back and check them out. 

And now ... for the much awaited weekly survey :)

How far along? 16 Weeks
Total weight gain: 6lbs 
Maternity clothes? Yes. I still wear the belly band with a few things though. 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I guess sleeping will never be the same. Mom did get me the Snoogle last weekend. It's easier to sleep with than the pillow I was using, but I still wake up sore and stiff. 
Best moment this week: All of the baby's movement. It brings tears to my eyes every time I feel a stronger kick or a new/different feeling. 
Miss Anything? I can't thing of anything new. All of the things that I've mentioned previously though. 
Movement: More movement each day. She's moving around right now, actually :). It's such an amazing, yet indescribable feeling. 
Food cravings: I've been craving potato skins (carbs), you know the potato-ey, bacon-ey, cheese-y, salty and ranch-y taste? YUM!! Oh and the baby loves doughnuts ... just sayin' ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: The nose is still alive & kickin'! Woowee!
Have you started to show yet: I got my first official "stranger" comment regarding my baby/bump. So that lets me know I'm showing to everyone else, not just me :)
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :)
Looking forward to:
 Our family beach vacation in just 2 weeks! 




No comments:

Post a Comment