Saturday, June 1, 2013

Feeding the Baby

Did you know that there are different ways to feed your baby? And I don't mean food or no food - I mean there are different techniques for giving your baby his 1st experience of food. Maybe you did. I didn't learn this until after I had Olivia. I also never knew deciding which way I was going to feed my child and how to do it, would be such a stressful decision. I mean, food is our source of survival if I eff this up...she's screwed! ;) There is no perfect answer in the world of being a parent. This is a major complication in all my parenting decisions-lol! 
I heard of Baby Led Weaning through my Mom page on Facebook. (To refresh your memory, this is the group I have been a part of since I was about 8 weeks pregnant. We all joined this secret group around the same time, all are 1st time Moms, and all were due in December '12. It consists of 77 women and now 81 babies.) I did a few Google searches on BLW to check it out. I liked it and decided to start the BLW way. Well, it wasn't the right choice for us. I really loved the way she explored foods and she really liked feeding herself too-I could tell. But I knew it wasn't something I could keep doing long-term. I read up on pureeing my own baby food and got super excited about making Olivia's baby food (there are so many awesome recipes out there!). So I have decided to give her purees and still give her the occasional pieces of food, like banana, until we reach finger foods. 
The 1st food I made was sweet potatoes and that was tonight. They were a hit! I can't wait to try a new food in a few days...hmmm what should it be? 

Olivia's 1st go at BLW with avocado. It was a win and a fail. Win on O's part and fail on our part. She loved it and fed herself really well. However, the avocado was not ripe!! HAH! So she really didn't ingest any avocado, but sucked on it for taste. 




We also introduced the sippy cup last weekend at my mom's house. She LOVED drinking the water and was SO exited about the sippy cup. I was quite surprised. Here are a few pics of her enjoying her water. 






No comments:

Post a Comment