Sunday, May 20, 2012

First Timers





Bron and I had our 1st official baby shopping outing this afternoon. Our 1st stop was Buy Buy Baby. They just opened a Buy Buy Baby (I had not previously heard of it) on the Southside. If you too have not heard of it, or been there yet, it’s EXACTLY like Bed Bath and Beyond – only with all baby things. I know. Amazing. I’m definitely registering there. So I decided we should go and take a tour and only check out 1-2 big ticket items so we wouldn't get overwhelmed our 1st time baby shopping :). It was really cool and I didn’t get too side tracked – of course Bron really helped in that department lol. They have a few nurseries set up, just as they do bedding and beds at BB&B. I really like the changing tables with the drawers underneath and came across one that was staged with wipes and newborn diapers. I picked up the teeny tiny diaper and...lost it haha! Tears right there in the store. As I walked away embarrassed, trying to hide from anyone that might be able to see me I started to tear more because I was tearing on our 1st trip hah. So I pulled it together and Bron was already trying to show me another changing table he liked. We checked out the City Mini stroller (awesome!) and a few other things. We did make 1 purchase…our 1st pack of Pampers – size 1.

Off to Barns & Noble we went. Every boy name I throw at Bron he immediately vetoes, so I wanted to get a book to keep all our suggestions together in one place. (We are 90% sure on our girl name.) While we were there we got baby’s 1st book. Surprisingly, it wasn’t a childhood favorite for Bron or I but it was short, sweet, and shiny so I thought it will be a good 1st book. That might be the thing we’re most excited about in the nursery, the book collection. We can’t wait to fill the shelves with children’s books! Old ones, new ones, tall ones, short ones, ones with texture, ones with noise…BOOKS!

Our last stop was to Old Navy. I’ve been sporting this belly band for a few weeks now and I thought it might be time to at least try on some maternity jeans. I only had them on for a few minutes, but OMG what a life changer…okay maybe not that dramatic...but they were awesome! SO much more comfortable than the stupid belly band!! They just didn’t want to fit my calves (capris) and were a little loose on the booty. So we’re going to Motherhood tomorrow after work to start my maternity collection. Bring on the BUMP! ;)

I will leave you with some exciting things for this week: Tomorrow I'm buying my 1st of many maternity clothing items, getting back to the GYM (because I have some energy back & it feels awesome), and our ultrasound that is scheduled on Friday. This ultrasound is especially exciting because SOMETIMES the tech can tell the gender on the 12 week ultrasound. I'll be 12 weeks and 2 days so we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment